Kelly Trainor erected a hay and grain store on this site, which was later converted to The Hibernian Hotel in about 1864 when "The Argus" described the building as being two storeys, of bluestone, with 18 rooms and a setting on one acre of ground. By 1868 Trainor had ceased his associations with the hotel, the new licensee being Wm. The name was changed to the railway Hotel some time prior to 1892
and to Mac's in some recent years. The building bears the date 1861, and the inscription J.K. Architectural Description
A two-level succcoed stone building with an added timber, two-level verandah, styled after the Italian Renaissance with a bracketted parapet cornice, panelled parapet entablature, parapet piers and urns, and an elevated centrally placed gabled entablature supported by stucco scrolling. Rosettes alternate with brackets at the cornice. The upper-level fenestration is corniced and stucco architraves surround each window. The glazing has been altered. Vermiculation is used at the upper corners, above a storey-cornice which underscores a paneled podium below the sill line. At the lower level, pilasters typically divide doorways and windows; the window having folding panelled shutters (during the buildings use as a store) with paneled stall-boards and and moulded sills. New glazing, the rebuilding of the northern window, new doorways and illuminated signs, combined with the verandah, obscure the façade trabeation.